Canon printer not recognised after latest update

SOLVED Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Butcherswife, May 15, 2018.

1. Butcherswife

Butcherswife

Completed the latest windows 10 update this afternoon and my Canon printer is now not recognised - hence I can't print! I have uninstalled the device then reinstalled but am being told that it is an unknown device and there are no drivers available for it. This is doing my head in... the printer itself is only around a year old (and is a printer/fax). All help welcome!

Butcherswife, May 15, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Butcherswife

Bighorn

Not knowing anything about the computer nor the type of connection computer to printer my first advice has been to assure if a USB cable is being used that it is plugged into a USB 2 [black center] port instead of a USB 3 [blue center] port.

Bighorn, May 15, 2018
    Butcherswife likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Butcherswife

Ben Myers

4. Butcherswife

Butcherswife

Thank you! The link Ben provided has fixed the problem. Easily downloaded the needed drivers and it's all now all good.

Butcherswife, May 16, 2018
  5. Butcherswife

Grizzly

How old is your printer / what model is it??

I have two printers from Canon, one iP4200 and one i865 which I bought over a decade ago and they work on Windows 10 flawless. as suggested a visit to the Canon support site is recommended. Alternative you can look for the drivers in the windows update catalog:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Grizzly, May 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question