Can't 'Reset this PC'. Telling me password is incorrect.

Reaction score
Hello. My computer has been having a lot of problems recently (Can't use start button, can't right click items in taskbar, some text is missing and replaced with squares, files go missing out of nowhere.) So I decided to bite the bullet and try to reset my pc. I had some problems doing that because the winre.wim file was missing . I got that back. Now when I go into the "Reset My PC" by shift-clicking reset, it ask for me to select an account, I select my account and it ask for a password. I type in my password but it tells me it's wrong. So I restarted my computer and removed the password from my account. Tried it over again, and it still was asking for a password. So I tried making a new Admin Account without a password, and I got the same issue. I tried enabling the built in admin account though "net user administrator /enable:yes" and STILL cannot reset the pc. I'm comming to the end of my rope with this computer. I've tried to run a dskchk, which did nothing. I tried to run sfc /scannow, but it fails at 24% with the windows resource error. I tried DISM but that did nothing. I have no idea what I can do from here. Does anyone know why this is happening? What I can do? I ran virus scans though MULTIPLE virus scans, including windows defender. Thank you to anyone who can try and help.

Reaction score
Update: I've decided to partition my drive in half and install Windows to the other partition. If anyone has a solution though, I'd still like to hear it.

Ask a Question