Classic Shell

Reaction score
Don't know where to post this except here. Classic Shell, I can’t find my original download of Classic Shell but it is
currently installed and working.
Could I copy out of my “C” drive the whole file and install it in any other PC or won’t that work.

Now I did find version 4.3.1 so I downloaded it to save for future use if needed.

That is a “Classic” program, I’m so happy I found this a few years ago so I could change Win 10 which I’m still not
fond of, kinda like my Apple Phone.
Thanks for any help on this question.

Reaction score
I don't think so. You can still download it off their website, although it hasn't been updated since 2017.

Reaction score
Yes you can copy the install folder and move it to another machine. It may not run at startup. But that is an easy fix.

Is there a reason why you haven't downloaded it again? Or tried the new fork Open Shell?

Note: As of December 2017, Classic Shell is no longer in active development. More details here
Development has been picked up by volunteers on GitHub under the name Open Shell

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Open Shell is the new Classic Shell.......it's a split off of it. You can download it from Major Geeks.

Reaction score
Yes you can copy the install folder and move it to another machine. It may not run at startup. But that is an easy fix.

Is there a reason why you haven't downloaded it again? Or tried the new fork Open Shell?

Note: As of December 2017, Classic Shell is no longer in active development. More details here
Development has been picked up by volunteers on GitHub under the name Open Shell

It is actually working on my pc but I ahve anew one for my Grandson's B day so I was going to install it on his but couldnt find my installation disc.. I went to the site you listed and downloaded it and installed it. Couple of things are a bit different than mine but its 2am & I have been adjusting his PC most of the day so I heading off to bed. Most likely will be back tomorrow to fix the items that are different. I would like his to mirror mine so if he has any issue that he needs to call me I can follow him as I tell him what to do. Thanks for the info

Reaction score
You can export your settings and import them on the other machine. That should make the cosmetics identical. The application links depend on what is installed. And the pinned items will need to be done manually.

Ask a Question