SOLVED Connecting to a Kindle ereader

Reaction score
One might think this is a Kindle problem but it is definitely not! In Win7 if I connect my Kindle to the PC it is recognized as a device and I can read and write to its memory. On Win 10, the Kindle is often not recognized. I have three identical Kindles. Win 10 will recognize two of the three. Next I fiddle with the units and now the PC will only recognize one of the three. Other forums have reported this same problem. I have five Win 10 computers. On some the Kindle is recognized, and on others it is not. I think this is a Win 10 problem recognizing the Kindle. On Win 7 there was no problem on any Kindles. The problem seems to exist on the Nook readers also. Is there something weird about Win 10 recognizing the devices. They are USB devices.

Bif

Reaction score
Have you tried updating the Kindle to the latest firmware?..worth a shot..I had a similar issue (briefly) with my Kobo until I updated it..after the update Bob was my uncle..

Reaction score
Have you tried updating the Kindle to the latest firmware?..worth a shot..I had a similar issue (briefly) with my Kobo until I updated it..after the update Bob was my uncle..
Good point, I will check. All my Kindles have the same version of SW but maybe they need an update. I will check.

Ask a Question