SOLVED Corrupted system files

Reaction score
I have gotten a report of corrupted system files in my Win 10. I've tried SFC and DISM and they failed to repair them. How can I proceed now? I'm using a 32 bit Win 10. Thanks in advance for advice.

Reaction score
You can try an in place repair:
Download the media creation tool & run this, choose to update this PC now, choose to keep everything & allow it to continue.

Reaction score
I’m trying to do this and so far, having downloaded the tool to a USB key, I started to reboot and have gotten a message saying Preparation of windows don’t turn off the computer. This has been there for about a half hour. How long should I wait?

Thanks, ns

Reaction score
An in-place repair can take hours as it has to save your current Windows, install 20H2 & then restore the files, folders & programs.
The first part can take 20-30 minutes just preparing Windows for installation.

Reaction score
Hi again. I just want to report that the computer finally finished booting and so far seems to be working well. Thanks a lot for your help. I´me going to mark it as solved.

Ask a Question