October 29 2020 update corrupted my Photoshop+

Reaction score
Did the update last night and so far not good. The new update corrupted my old photoshop and my other adobe photography programs, such as lightroom, lag and are slow. Error message received is uploaded. lots of problems with removed shortcuts. In the past I had uninstalled Skype as invasive and it's back. Will attempt to reload my photoshop if I can find the disc. Microsoft, your new update corrupted drivers and programs. Time to switch to Apple?

Attachments

• photoshop error.jpg
    photoshop error.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 170
Reaction score
This is not actually a Microsoft site, don't know whether or if anyone from Microsoft visits or will see the post.

How old is Photoshop+? Have you found and posted on an Adobe forum?

Reaction score
Make sure you check for more updates as there was a cumulative update also in the last two days!. (KB4508419). :)

Reaction score
Make sure you check for more updates as there was a cumulative update also in the last two days!. (KB4508419). :)
HUH?? the only CU that came on October 29th on my pc was the KB4580364 which got the build to 19042.610.

Reaction score
That KB4508419 is/was a new .NET Framework update in the last 12 hours, just opened my sleeping Notebook and it wanted a restart to finish the install. It didn't change the Version and Build number.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have photoshop cs2, and had no issues with it after the last update. I'd try reinstalling it first. First try running photoshop as admin (right click on the shortcut and select run as administrator). I've had that fix issues with it in the past.

Reaction score
That KB4508419 is/was a new .NET Framework update in the last 12 hours, just opened my sleeping Notebook and it wanted a restart to finish the install. It didn't change the Version and Build number.

Oh I see. You transposed two numbers. The CU is actually KB4580419. No wonder I could not find any Info about it....
I always forget that the .net updates are cumulative too.

Reaction score
My Photoshop 6.0 got shut down as soon as I bought a new computer with Win 10 four years ago. (My other computer was running Win 7 until it died. No problems with Photoshop on Win 7). On the new computer with Win 10, Photoshop 6.0 ran once, then was shut down. I got this message:

Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable.

I was able to run the accompanying packaged Win 3.0 that has much fewer features.

Alriiiiight. THAT computer died, so I replaced it with another much older refurbished computer with a new installation of Win 10 on it. I got the same message, so I bought another refurb that NEVER EVER goes online. PS 6.0 runs like a charm. It's dedicated to photo processing and writing. Anything that I must put online is transferred by thumb drive. I don't trust OneDrive for transferring anything.

The takeaway: Microsoft shafted me by killing a $600.00 PS6.0 program.

I've sworn several times that I'll switch to a Mac, but I never do.

Ask a Question