October Windows 10 update .

Reaction score
The recent update has not downloaded fully, the message says it has failed to download, at the same time my audio files will not play and there is no sound on my laptop, are these problems linked and how can I complete the update download .

Reaction score
Hi Kingstonpete,

you can try recovery mode and choose to keep your files and folders, there are problems with the October update so a roll-back might help you:

upload_2018-10-11_8-12-7.png

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.

I hope it helps. :):):)

Reaction score
The recent update has not downloaded fully, the message says it has failed to download, at the same time my audio files will not play and there is no sound on my laptop, are these problems linked and how can I complete the update download .
I have one system which is showing the same thing. It started the download and then possibly the download was pulled so the install did not complete. When the update is re-released we may see that situation cleared up.

I do not know why your audio would have been effected, but you might check the settings and make sure your primary output device is set as default.

Reaction score
at the same time my audio files will not play and there is no sound on my laptop,

Check the device manager to see if the audio indicates any errors. Also might check with the Laptop manufacturer for their latest driver. It's possible that your audio driver got deleted or Microsoft Installed a different driver during the upgrade.

at the same time my audio files will not play

Does this mean that when you select the audio file, you get no response of any kind, or everything functions properly except you get no sound?

Reaction score
There was a reported fault , if you have them, with Intel audio drivers. I have no idea why this would have stopped the audio in the middle of the download. But, as Saltgrass states, you might have been unluck enough to have the update pulled, whilst you were in the middle of it.
It may help, but intel say their new drivers here will solve the problem

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10

Reaction score
It may help, but intel say their new drivers here will solve the problem
The link works fine but the little note at the top of the page for a newer version may not be noticed. I am still running the Dell version from the end of 2017 ... o_O

Ask a Question