SOLVED The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted

Reaction score
Getting this message on Widows 10 and can't get rid of it.

The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive

Recycle Bin does not work

Have tried what is posted The rd /s /q C:\$RECYCLE.BIN , but that doesn't work . When I try to delete the Recycle Bin to get Windows to replace it, it says access denied.

How the hell do I fix this problem.

Driving me CRAZY

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
You should remove your Email address as soon as possible. Very unwise to publish it on an open forum

How have you tried to delete the Recycle bin?
If not already, try this method.
Settings - Personalisation.
Select Themes
Scroll down to "Related settings" and "Desktop Icon settings"

Untick the recycle bin. reboot the computer.
The recycle bin may have reinstated itself and be working. If it is not visible, then repeat the procedure above and tick the Recycle bin back on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You should remove your Email address as soon as possible. Very unwise to publish it on an open forum

How have you tried to delete the Recycle bin?
If not already, try this method.
Settings - Personalisation.
Select Themes
Scroll down to "Related settings" and "Desktop Icon settings"

Untick the recycle bin. reboot the computer.
The recycle bin may have reinstated itself and be working. If it is not visible, then repeat the procedure above and tick the Recycle bin back on.

Reaction score
Tried the delete thing which worked as long as the recycle bin was not showing on the desktop, but as soon as I added it back on the desktop the error message came back and can't empty the recycle bin.
Who ever deleted my email from my post, Thank You. I am Older 75 and keep forgetting that it is a different unsafe world now

Reaction score
Do you have more than one partition?
If so, you should repeat the command (in your first post) for each - Substitute C for any other designation you have.

Try this MS error corrector. Open the Command prompt (Admin) again and copy and paste
sfc /scannow

It will take a while.

Ask a Question