Cortana and Location Settings

Reaction score
Every time I restart, I have to go to location settings and turn location on the get Cortana to work. however, I have to repeat the process with every restart.
Can you please assist?

Reaction score
Left click in the search dialog box, click on the gear icon in the search options on the left it will open Cortana options make sure the feature is turned ON.

Personally I don't like the feature, if I'm browsing and the dog barks Cortana interrupts what I'm doing and brings up this image.
Dog-dogs-39667336-120-49.gif

Reaction score
I don't use Cortana either but about a year ago there was a thread wanting to know why the location did not show accurately when Cortana was enabled. So before anything else, if you open Maps and check your location does it show within a couple of hundred feet of your actual location?

You probably know about the settings - Privacy - location page where you can turn on Location and set Cortana to use it. You may already have Maps set to use it. The only option I can see on that page which might be worth trying is to clear the Location history.

Ask a Question