SOLVED Cortana not working and Outlook out of date

Reaction score
This happened for the first time today. When I logged on I went to Cortana and when I went to the section below the home button it told me to login in again. When I clicked on my account to login again an error appeared. I tried restarting my computer, disabling my anti-virus, creating a local account, even using system restore. None of those worked. Also after system restore was finished it said there was an error while doing the restore.

Another problem I have is that my computer said my outlook is out of date. When I clicked fix it loaded for a sec then the exact same error appeared as the Cortana one.

Reaction score
The Outlook problem is not unknown. The Windows version you are running is not the reason. Outlook is a separate issue. A couple of my acquaintances have the same . You are probably using an old version of Office, say, 2010? MS should not be blasting with such a message, but, that is the way of Windows 10/MS life today.
Your Windows version appears to be sufficiently up to date, although there has been a further version since.If the restore facility did not successfully complete, you could, again, try to see if there are any further cumulative updates, Otherwise, biet the bullet and make a fresh install?

Reaction score
The Outlook problem is not unknown. The Windows version you are running is not the reason. Outlook is a separate issue. A couple of my acquaintances have the same . You are probably using an old version of Office, say, 2010? MS should not be blasting with such a message, but, that is the way of Windows 10/MS life today.
Your Windows version appears to be sufficiently up to date, although there has been a further version since.If the restore facility did not successfully complete, you could, again, try to see if there are any further cumulative updates, Otherwise, biet the bullet and make a fresh install?

Thanks for the info but I have contacted micrsoft support and they found out my user was corrupted. Thanks for the help though

Ask a Question