Cortana working ok on desktop but not on laptop

Reaction score
Have loaded Windows 10 to both desktop and laptop. Desktop works fine, but laptop comes up with something like 'not in correct area to accept Cortana'. As both machines are in the same building I don't understand!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Not being a big fan nor frequent user of Cortana, I'm probably not the best person to be advising, but....
All I can say is that when we see problems such as this with Cortana, it is typically a misconfiguration of Region and Language settings.
For instance if Cortana knows based on your location settings that you are in the UK but you have chosen English US as your language / input method it may cause this type of issue.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Not being a big fan nor frequent user of Cortana, I'm probably not the best person to be advising, but....
All I can say is that when we see problems such as this with Cortana, it is typically a misconfiguration of Region and Language settings.
For instance if Cortana knows based on your location settings that you are in the UK but you have chosen English US as your language / input method it may cause this type of issue.
Thanks for that, I have already checked those settings are correct.

Ask a Question