Cortana not starting up with windows, can't use it

Reaction score
Heya guys. My problem is exactly as it says in the title, Cortana isn't starting up with windows 10, I can't use the speech or search functionality. The bar is still there, but I can't type anything into it, I click on the microphone icon and nothing happens, ''hey Cortana'' isn't working at all. if anyone knows how I could resolve this issue, I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance, Archer

Reaction score
I click on the microphone icon and nothing happens, ''hey Cortana'' isn't working at all.

From what you wrote above, Cortana was once working, because if it never worked when Win 10 was installed, you would not have seen the "microphone" icon.

So, do a system restore. Pick a date when Cortana was working as your restore point.

Right click at Start button > at the popup box, select System > left side, select System protection > click System Restore > near the bottom, click Choose a different restore point ( if you don't have that option, just click Next ) > bottom left > check the box Show more restore points > select a date Cortana was working as your restore point > click Next > just follow the prompts to start system restore.

It will take quite a while.
When finishes, it will restart.

Ask a Question