Creator update uninstall broke OS

Reaction score
Creator's update installed automatically today, as soon as it completed I uninstalled it as I had no desire for the new features. Upon restarting after the uninstall, no default Windows features function or display properly, I cannot alt tab or I get a black screen, I cannot open programs to troubleshoot because the admin confirm Window cannot display. Control panel gives a "no associated program" error. Only third party apps function if I can get to them. I cannot properly troubleshoot in safe mode either due to the limits of it but I functions normally there. Have been trying to fix this all morning but I am at a loss, I had to type this on a phone so apologies for any bad composition

Reaction score
For what help this may be. Do you have a recent system image you can fall back on?. If no, I would attempt a system restore from an earlier restore point.

Reaction score
Hi hanlin,

if Nortons's sugestion fails, you can also boot from your recovery partition (or a USB stick/DVD) and run setup as if you were doing a new install, choose "Upgrade" and re-install W10, all your files will then be in a a folder called "Windows.old", you can copy and paste your files to the new folders (docs, pics etc) and then delete the "Windows.old" folder, it should overwrite the system files and hopefully reset your system!. DO NOT FORMAT YOUR C:/ DRIVE!. :)

Ask a Question