W10 Spring Creators Update

Reaction score
When updated to 1709, 16299.125, access to internet and network failed. All online recommendations to restore IP settings failed so reverted to 1703, 15063.966 and normal service resumed - until next time. I have had to repeat this procedure several times. On the most recent, at the moment that 1703 is to be reinstalled, the computer reboots and starts again. This cycle can only be broken by turning off the power.
System is Intel i5, 64bit x64 based processor running W10 Home Premium.

Reaction score
First of all, 1709 is not the "Spring creators update", rather than the Fall creators upgrade. The Spring creators upgrade is to come out next week.
Second, an upgrade from 1703 to 1709 starts with 16299.15, not 16299.125. You can download the most recent Cumulative update which is KB4089848 (16299.334) from the catalog:
http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Upgrade to the recent system and install the downloaded update. In theory, that should do the trick.
Would you mind to tell a little more about your hardware?? It might shed a little clarity on the issue.

Reaction score
Thank you for your response and I am sorry if my description was misleading - it was based on information on the 'about' page in 'settings' and the numerous gripes being posted elsewhere.
Sadly as the boot/reboot cycle is now continuous I can't get any further information out of it.
Opening the box reveals a Foxconn H61MXV motherboard and 2x4GB DDR3.
(I echo your strap-line)

Reaction score
Does the PC boot in safe mode??

can you turn off safeboot??

I assume your PC is running on UEFI Bios?? Reason I am asking that I have never had that issue whenever I upgraded to the "next level" of Windows but my PC's are running on MBR Systems (Legacy BIOS)

Reaction score
I might trying to disable everything I could in the Bios. Things like networking, Bluetooth, sound or whatever device might be controlled in that manner and make sure all external devices and SD cards and printers are disconnected.

It is too bad you did not solve the earlier networking problem. Perhaps it would have led to an upgrade of some component of your system.

Reaction score
No opportunity to safe boot as machine is cycling before it gets to sign in and long before I can get to settings.
Bios dates back to when I bought the machine 6 years ago.
Have had trouble each time I have upgraded and frequently when there has been a major update.
But with an Asus T100 - originally W8.1 - all updates run smoothly.

Reaction score
Thanks Saltgrass. When the update apparently caused the network failure, Device Manager showed no problems. Network Trouble Shooter indicated that there might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter. I downloaded and installed a more up to date driver from the manufacturers website. No change.

Ask a Question