Windows Live Mail problem following W10 update today

PMC

Reaction score
How can I correct my WLM? The screen pic is how it has changed after the update today.
upload_2018-5-15_11-22-0.png

PMC

Reaction score
Hi PMC,

have you clicked on the "Help" button in the app and look for the trouble shooter? (see the last line of this thread about help!):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17198/windows-10-set-up-email :)
Hi Wolfie,
Unfortunately that's for Mail for Windows 10, not Windows Live Mail. Microsoft don't support WLM anymore. I had so many problems with Mail (emails disappearing, etc) that I changed back to WLM. My ISP doesn't give any support for Mail, as they say there are far too many problems & advise their clients not to use it.

Reaction score
Hi PMC,

sorry, I didn't notice you said Live Mail, it was dropped a while back, you will have to look for an alternative if you don't want to use the current mail app from Windblows, I use Thunderbird myself!:

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/ :)

PMC

Reaction score
Hahaha! Thanks vm. Suppose I'm going to have to change to Thunderbird, like I did on my laptop. Cheers

Reaction score
There are tutorials, which can guide you through getting Love mail to run in Windows 10. IMHO - not worth the effort - move on!

Reaction score
I had the same problem on DELL Optiplex 755 and it looks like it's connected with graphics driver. What helped me was changing Microsoft driver to DELL driver for Vista:p because DELL 755 doesn't support W10. I just had to unpack drivers and manually install them. After next big update it will probably break again... but WLM is working again. Anyway it looks like Microsoft brought some gpu drivers change in last update

Reaction score
What helped me was changing Microsoft driver to DELL driver for Vista:p because DELL 755 doesn't support W10
Yeah, saw the same thing on 2 Dell IP/Insider Preview Desktops, an Inspiron 530S and an Optiplex 755, changed both to add-in AMD Radeon 2400 HD cards and so far everything works.

Forgot to mention that I had just finished installing Windows Live Mail on the Optiplex just before posting the Reply. It required .NET Framework 3.5 [which includes 2.0 and 3.0] installed first and was either included or it got it from the 'net, seems to be working okay.

Last edited:

PMC

Reaction score
Thanks Bighorn. I'll get my IT friend to look at that - I'm technically challenged :(:p

Reaction score
I like the expression -lol

I think in my situation, however, I would say I have early technical senility.

Ask a Question