Trying to install Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

Reaction score
I have just bought a HP Spectre x360 laptop running Windows 10 and the first thing I'm trying to get set up is my email. I've been using Windows Live Mail for a long time now and I'm happy with it so if possible I'd like to keep using it. I'm 64 and don't like change! I can't understand why they took this out of Windows 10 as it's a brilliant email program. Anyway I have been checking the web and found that a lot of people have successfully installed Live Mail on their Windows 10 systems but every time I try I get a message saying the installation has failed and the following error code; Error; 0x800c0006

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there any way I can get Live Mail to install on my system?

Reaction score
Although it says the installation failed, yous should have a look in the program files (folder). I think you will find it did, in fact, installed. You can run it , of course, from the executive. You may still find some issues, however, with setting it up.
I also liked the program, very much. In the end though, I decided to move on. Maybe you should try the built in ail program . not too great a learning curve?

Reaction score
Although it says the installation failed, yous should have a look in the program files (folder). I think you will find it did, in fact, installed. You can run it , of course, from the executive. You may still find some issues, however, with setting it up.
I also liked the program, very much. In the end though, I decided to move on. Maybe you should try the built in ail program . not too great a learning curve?

Wow! You are absolutely right! When I checked it was indeed installed and I'm trying to get it set up now. Thanks for that.

Reaction score
Maybe these pictures will help. mad by me a long time ago when MS changed their servers.

Attachments

• Advanced.png
    Advanced.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 591
  • General.png
    General.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 638
  • Security.png
    Security.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 551
  • Servers.png
    Servers.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 569
Reaction score
By way of an update the problem appears to be solved. It was suggested that I check in my program folder because even though I was being told that the program hadn't been installed maybe it had been. When I checked it was indeed there. I was simply taking the word of the installation program that it had failed especially when it threw up the error code. I now have it running on Windows 10 quite happily, I've set up and synced three of my four email accounts. For some reason I can't get the fourth one to work and I'll have to as it's my main account. I've checked it three times and everything seems to be correct so I think I'll delete that one and try to set it up again from scratch. Thanks everyone for the help and if anyone else is getting a didn't install message check your program folder!

Ask a Question