Accidentally clean installed windows 7 trying to revert back from windows 10

Reaction score
Hello there
I had recently download windows 10 onto my computer when I started having a number of crashing issues with it, I then tried to revert back to windows 7 using the inbuilt recovery feature however it was unable to. Then (somewhat stupiedly) thought that I might need to use my windows 7 disk to revert back while still keeping my files, I accidentally clean installed windows 7 onto my computer. The clean install only has the recycle bin isntalled and I can't access the internet due to drivers being unistalled.

I was wondering if I can revert back to windows 10 using the windows.old file and restore all my files located on it? Additionally I can not find my back up disks for my computer. Anyone know how to help?

Reaction score
Sorry I can't help but only commiserate. I am quietly surprised that Windows Microsoft haven't been hit for $ billions in damages due to the release of Windows 10 and the ubiquitous prompts for everyone to upgrade to it. In my limited experience it has been the OS from hell. :mad:

Ask a Question