Accidentally deleted IDT audio and other drivers

Reaction score
hi,

I found out what was causing my slow computer and frequent crashes and it turned out to the IDT Audio program. I uninstalled that, but in trying to restore it, I accidentally deleted audio drivers in Device Manager. Is there any possible way I could restore my audio drivers? Thanks.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi ooboh,

What brand is your computer? HP, Dell, Something else?

I have the HP IDT HD Audio Driver Codec package backed up albeit an early version, but if installed you can then update from there.

You ought to be able to get the drivers from the manufacturer website of your computer though,

Or from a third party site like Softpedia

You could also use a restore point to get your system back to a date before you deleted them too.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5050.

Also, my restore points only go as far back as July 31 despite the fact that I have allotted maximum space to System Restore.

Reaction score
How do I install the audio driver? Because I've consulted the internet and I still don't know how.

Reaction score
Is there any possible way I can use System Restore to before the earliest date on the list (July 31)? I've already expanded the space allotted to System Restore but still nothing happened.

Regedit32

Reaction score
If that is the oldest restore point you have you cannot magically make an older one appear sorry.

Reaction score
Since that system doesn't appear to be supported by Dell in Win 10 you may just have to rely on the Win 10 driver versions. Those drivers should install by themselves. If not, there is a process you might be able to use.

What devices are showing yellow triangles in Device Manager? Right clicking the device will normally give you an option to load a driver. If the device is not showing, try setting the View menu to show hidden devices and use that to reinstall a driver. If it is a device you can remove and reinstall, that might help also.

AddDriver.jpg

Reaction score
The old Win 7 drivers will work with Windows 10. Do you have the Dell install disks? One CD contains all the required OS drivers.

Reaction score
If that is the oldest restore point you have you cannot magically make an older one appear sorry.
Okay, then. I think it's time I used the dreaded in-place repair upgrade on my other thread. Just asking, but if I utilize it, will I get to keep all of my files before the temporary profile error?

Regedit32

Reaction score
If the files still exist then yes there is an option during the In- Place upgrade where you check a box to request files and settings are kept. Just make sure you read each splash screen before clicking OK or next.

Reaction score
If the files still exist then yes there is an option during the In- Place upgrade where you check a box to request files and settings are kept. Just make sure you read each splash screen before clicking OK or next.
So, if I use the in-place upgrade, it will go back to when I first downloaded windows 10, correct? Except with all of my files (up until this whole debacle) intact. If so, what are the procedures I must take to perform this in-place upgrade.

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you do an in-place upgrade it will install Windows 10 over the top of current installation.

If you choose to save files and settings while doing this, then any current files and settings will be kept.

In your case though I presume its the IDT drivers you are hoping to save. I cannot say they will reappear as you all ready stated you accidentally deleted them.

In all honesty I don't believe you need to do an in-place upgrade; rather you need to download the drivers and let them install automatically as that webpage stated, or do what Saltgrass suggested about using Windows generic drivers instead. This would work fine too - I used the built in Windows 'High Definition Audio Device' drivers rather than logitech ones for my headset and its actually better than the logitech drivers.

Reaction score
If you do an in-place upgrade it will install Windows 10 over the top of current installation.

If you choose to save files and settings while doing this, then any current files and settings will be kept.

In your case though I presume its the IDT drivers you are hoping to save. I cannot say they will reappear as you all ready stated you accidentally deleted them.

In all honesty I don't believe you need to do an in-place upgrade; rather you need to download the drivers and let them install automatically as that webpage stated, or do what Saltgrass suggested about using Windows generic drivers instead. This would work fine too - I used the built in Windows 'High Definition Audio Device' drivers rather than logitech ones for my headset and its actually better than the logitech drivers.
Actually, I was referring to my other thread.

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/video-tutorial-gone-wrong.10347/

I'm sorry that I carried that conversation here and confused you.

Ask a Question