SOLVED Accidentally Deleted Bluetooth Device!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My bluetooth stopped working and I deleted the device from the Device Manager instead of just disabling. Now I cannot find how I can get the device back. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers.

Its a Dell Inspiron 5567

thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Perry,

The first thing I'd do is to go back to Device Manager and then click the last button on the toolbar, labelled "Scan for Hardware Changes" on mouseover. This should detect any Bluetooth adaptor you've got installed and likely install the drivers:

Capture.PNG

Just to confirm - it was the Bluetooth adaptor you deleted, not a Bluetooth connected device?

Also, if you go to Settings > Devices, is the "Bluetooth" setting toggled to on?:

2Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Thanks, Ian.

Yes, it was the bluetooth adapter I deleted. I have scanned for hardware changes and nothing was found. And, no toggle switch is even shown on the settings page.

It appears like I have to reinstall the bluetooth adapter and I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Perry

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you got any "unknown devices" showing up in device manager? It appears that Windows isn't even able to detect the hardware.

Do you have any hotkeys or buttons that enable/disable the bluetooth adaptor on your laptop keyboard? Most do, but I thought they would only control BT within software - however it's worth toggling it to see what happens. I'd also see if you have an option to disable/enable BT within the BIOS. Again, I'm not sure why this would need to be done, but there's no harm in checking considering that it isn't detectable.

Reaction score
Ian has some good advice it would have restored the device had you just uninstalled it. If you had checked a box to uninstall all drivers, you may need to reload those.

The Dell driver site is linked below. Dell will put either an Intel or Killer Wireless W-Fi card in recent devices. If you still have your wireless network adapter you can check which one is available.

Download the correct driver and install from the Dell site. If you get an option to uninstall first, do that.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/drivers

As Ian mentions, if that doesn't work, you might go into the Bios and disable the Bluetooth, reboot and then re-enable. This may be needed because the UEFI Bios will, on occasion, forget a device.

Reaction score
Thanks, both.

I didn't see anything in the BIOS for bluetooth. I did a hard reboot - hold the power button for 15 seconds - and it came back! Bluetooth now shows up in Device Manager and connects to bluetooth speakers.

thanks for your help

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks, anyway, Griz!

I don't know where/how to find that level of detail for the bluetooth device.

Reaction score
I accidently disabled my intel wireless bluetooth.Can someone tell me how to able it.Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Sameer123,

you should start your own thread as this one is very old!.

If you have a laptop, press the FN key and the Bluetooth symbol button (one of the F keys like F1 or F6 etc), you will need to check your models handbook. :)

Reaction score
Hi Perry,

The first thing I'd do is to go back to Device Manager and then click the last button on the toolbar, labelled "Scan for Hardware Changes" on mouseover. This should detect any Bluetooth adaptor you've got installed and likely install the drivers:

View attachment 8157

Just to confirm - it was the Bluetooth adaptor you deleted, not a Bluetooth connected device?

Also, if you go to Settings > Devices, is the "Bluetooth" setting toggled to on?:

View attachment 8158
Bro you're just complicating things in the second picture you posted there is an option called 'add bluetooth device' above on and off button, it's just this much simple

Reaction score
This thread has twice been restarted from old answers. The last, Rahul, obviously without reading all the contents of the thread!.
SOLVED means that, for the enquirer who started it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question