Page fault in non-paged area error after trying to install windows 10

Reaction score
Hey,i bought before few days new ASUS X556UAM laptop.The laptop came without windows on it.I tried to install windows 10 64bit version and every time after the computer first boot up after the installation the error came up.Thing i already tried:
1)Pass a check with memotest - pass.
2)Boot up ubuntu from live cd and looked for dump files - no dump files found.
3)Tried to install from usb and from DVD,both fail.
I also checked if other versions installation work on him.The results:
Windows 10 32bit - worked, but the weird thing that it said i have only 2gb usable ram.I have no idea why,
Windows 8.1 64 bit - the installation didn't even come up.
ubuntu 64bit - worked perfectly .

System Spec:
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-6200U Processor, 3M Cache, 2.3 GHz up to 2.80 GHz
Memory
4GB (1 x 4096MB) DDR4 2133MHz OnBoard Memory , 1 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 12 GB SDRAM
HDD
500GB (SATA) 5400rpm
Display
15.6 Inch 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight
GPU
Intel® HD Graphics 520

Reaction score
If the 4Gb you have is a SODIMM I'd take it out and replace it making sure there is no dust or dirt on the memory or in the socket.

You say the pc came without Windows. What did it have on it when you got it?

Can you get to the Bios?

Later: I see that there are a whole pile of system files for Windows 10 64 bit on the Asus support site

http://www.asus.com/supportonly/A556UA/HelpDesk_Download/

I wonder if your machine is out of date and needs those before it will load W10 64 bit.

Reaction score
If the 4Gb you have is a SODIMM I'd take it out and replace it making sure there is no dust or dirt on the memory or in the socket.

You say the pc came without Windows. What did it have on it when you got it?

Can you get to the Bios?

Later: I see that there are a whole pile of system files for Windows 10 64 bit on the Asus support site

http://www.asus.com/supportonly/A556UA/HelpDesk_Download/

I wonder if your machine is out of date and needs those before it will load W10 64 bit.
Thanks for the help.
it's very problematic to withdraw the ram, If i open the laptop i will lose the warranty.
The laptop came with Freedos on him.Yes,i can get to the bios,i also updated him to the last version still no change.
Maybe i should change my bios setting?

Reaction score
Did you install updates for the Intel video and the chipset as well as the bios? If you didn't you should be able to install those under whatever is running now ( W10 32 bit ?)

I have NEVER heard of a machine coming with Freedos! Certainly people , me included, who wanted to sell a machine without a Windows licence have installed Ubuntu.

Reaction score
Did you install updates for the Intel video and the chipset as well as the bios? If you didn't you should be able to install those under whatever is running now ( W10 32 bit ?)

I have NEVER heard of a machine coming with Freedos! Certainly people , me included, who wanted to sell a machine without a Windows licence have installed Ubuntu.
I didn't installed those drivers except the bios.I can't install them because they only work on 64bit systems and currently i managed to install the 32bit version only.
Actually computers that came with freedos it's pretty common in my country (Israel).I guess they too lazy to install ubuntu? idk.

Reaction score
Can you borrow a W7 64 bit disk. Install it long enough to get the rest of the 64 bit drivers loaded? Or even a 64 bit W8 or WXP ...If you cannot get any 64 bit Windows OS on there I am not sure how to continue.

From your list of specifications it looks like a quite normal machine.

I am surprised that opening it enough to get at the memory would void the warranty.

Ask a Question