SOLVED What does this mean "Stop Code. Page Fault in Non Paged Area" ??

Reaction score
Since a November update my PC has randomly shut itself down, and now I have received a message saying go to https://www.windows.com/stopcode and if I have to talk to somebody I should give them the above page info. How do I fix this has anybody else seen this? Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
That is generally going to mean a driver issue, an actual physical memory module issue or in some cases a physical hard disk (page fault) issue.

Reaction score
I have to agree with Trouble it's definitely a driver issue. I had similar messages when my PC was affected with the Malwarebyte update error.
1: "Display driver failed to start, using MS basic display driver instead. Check Windows update for a newer display driver"
2: "C:\ Yor PC ran into a problem we're collecting some error data and then you can restart. If you call support give them this information "Stop code: Driver Power state failure"
I fixed the error messages by opening Task Manager and stopping Malwarebytes. I uninstalled Malwarebytes, and downloaded the latest version of MAlwarebytes Premium with the update patch. I've had no more problems since the mambam update. Currently runnning Malwarebytes version 1.0.3832

Reaction score
I have to agree with Trouble it's definitely a driver issue. I had similar messages when my PC was affected with the Malwarebyte update error.
1: "Display driver failed to start, using MS basic display driver instead. Check Windows update for a newer display driver"
2: "C:\ Yor PC ran into a problem we're collecting some error data and then you can restart. If you call support give them this information "Stop code: Driver Power state failure"
I fixed the error messages by opening Task Manager and stopping Malwarebytes. I uninstalled Malwarebytes, and downloaded the latest version of MAlwarebytes Premium with the update patch. I've had no more problems since the mambam update. Currently runnning Malwarebytes version 1.0.3832
Thanks, I have Malwarebytes on this machine so I will give this a go and let you know how I get on. thanks again.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
That is generally going to mean a driver issue, an actual physical memory module issue or in some cases a physical hard disk (page fault) issue.
Thanks for this, I have also been told that it could be a problem with my portable hard drive that I leave plugged in for back ups, so I will unplug it and see how I get on, I will let you know if it works. Thanks again for replying

Reaction score

Thanks, your solution worked, so with a combination of updated Malwarebytes and unplugging my portable hard drive the problem seems to be solved - fingers crossed. Thanks to all who gave me assistance, JS

Ask a Question