SOLVED Windows Mail/outlook Live

Reaction score
I have had a secondary Outlook.com mail account for a long time(standalone mail, not Office related).

I happened to sign into the Mail account at outlook.live.com and that version of my account is much newer than the one I have been using from my desktop, setup a long time ago.

I would like to use the newer version of what I think is now Windows 10 Mail, but not exactly sure how to update the older version of the mail program. I see there is the ability to delete the existing account but don't really want to botch up the works, so I thought to ask here before I start messing around with my email accounts. Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The "Mail" app is perfectly capable of handling multiple accounts so you can simply add the extra account.

It is not unusual the you might find that your current mail account is also the account you are using to log into your computer, so....
You'd want to be careful about deleting the original account and take steps in advance to establish that you have another log-in (username and password) that is also a member of the local administrators group, before proceeding.

There is no reason why multiple user accounts as well as multiple email accounts cannot peacefully co-exist on the same computer.

Ask a Question