SOLVED Missing Items/Apps in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Reaction score
My PC says that it is up to date, but I noticed that the "settings" button does not work, "Feedback Hub" does not work and the Microsoft Appstore is gone. That's all I have run across so far. I searched the internet and ran the Windows Update fixer again, but no problems were found.

I have recorded some steps and attached the zip file and also some info about my PC.

I have a Windows Vista PC that I upgraded to Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10. I would not have done that, but when I bought the PC, it was way ahead of its time; most printers had not even been updated yet to work with the PC.

I didn't have too much trouble updating to the Fall Creators Update; it just took a long time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Janet

Attachments

• Step Recorder.zip
    827.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 519
Reaction score
You're not going to believe this, but when I started my PC this morning, everything reappeared. My husband always tells me, "Turn it off and restart it". :D The "settings" and "Feedback Hub" buttons were also working, but now - after about 10 minutes - icons have disappeared again and the settings and feedback hub are not working again. I have never had this "experience" before.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just restarted my PC because it needed to install updates. The icons are back and settings are working and it is in the process of installing updates to Windows 10 version 1709 (KB4088776) so maybe this will fix all issues. I will follow up after updates are installed. Thanks

Reaction score
Okay, I checked my PC yesterday and all updates are finally installed and everything is working perfectly.

Reaction score
Hi Janet,

please mark the thread as solved as it may help someone else. :)

Look in the very first thread for the solved button!. ;)

Ask a Question