Gmail Missing a Letter

Reaction score
I use autofill for my gmail address and lately I notice that some boxes automatically fill in with the 'c' of 'com' missing and others don't. I am looking out for it now I have noticed and puzzled over missing auto confirmation emails, and manually insert the missing 'c'. How and where do I correct this? I have Windows 10 64 bit and use Chrome browser.

Reaction score
Hi Josephine,

have you checked that the auto fill data is indeed correct, by that I mean no typos?. ;););)

Reaction score
Yes and I deleted any double entries but still cannot trace where this is coming from. At least now I can watch out for it or turn off infill completely.

Reaction score
Hi Josephine,

do you have more than one user account on your PC?. ;););)

Reaction score
Hi Josephine,

I really don't have an answer apart from not using auto fill, I don't use it because I am wary of such things in case of ley loggers or other threats on my PC. :confused::confused::confused:

I have all my details of my various accounts nicely typed out (user account names and passwords) and although it can be a pain to have to type log-in details each time, I find it safer. ;)

I cannot say much more as it may be wholly dependant on your browser settings but I really don't know. :):):)

Reaction score
I have a list of many passwords and will be using this also. I will be turning off autofill if I stil can't find an entry which is causing this omission. Many thanks all for your replies.

Reaction score

Ask a Question