Gmail - Emails returning to my inbox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Travel Woman, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Travel Woman

Travel Woman

I've read all the "fixes" on line about filters and about "Pop/IMAP" and none of them are working. So trying here thinking maybe it's a Windows 10 issue?

I have about 10 recent emails that keep popping back into my inbox appearing as "unread". One of them is from a certain person with all the emails we've had over the last few months. I don't want to delete them because for business, I need to keep our conversation history. So I just keep marking them as "unread"....sure enough, next time I renew my screen, there they are again.

Any ideas?

Travel Woman, Aug 29, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Travel Woman

Trouble Noob Whisperer Moderator

Difficult to provide much advice without knowing what email program you are using, but...…
    I always create a hierarchical tree, folder structure under my navigation pane beginning with a "SAVE" folder and under that I place various other folders containing email that I want to save and track.
    Banking\CreditCards\Discover
    Banking\CreditCards\Citi
    Banking\CreditCards\Chase

Grandkids\Nick
    Grandkids\Colleen
    Grandkids\Lauren
    Grandkids\Rayna

ETC. ETC. ETC

I do not understand your concept or premise of keeping them marked as "unread".
    Seems like you could read them, then drag and drop them into a save folder and sort them by date.

Trouble, Aug 29, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Travel Woman

Bighorn

Agreed, if one wants to save certain messages they need to be Moved out of the Inbox to a Folder of their own. As long as they remain Unread, Moved or Deleted they'll stay in the Inbox.

Bighorn, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Travel Woman

Mog

Depending on the email program you are using, you can create folders and sub folders in your Inbox to help organize and archive certain emails.

For instance, here is an example in Outlook:
    upload_2018-8-29_19-2-1.png

Mog, Aug 30, 2018
  5. Travel Woman

davehc

In Outlook, if I wish to keep an email for any reason, I put it in the Conversational History.
    As Trouble said, easiest way, if you have many diverse subjects in your Email, is to create "sub" inboxes
    I fixed up my wife's Outlook with 10 such, but, in her case, unfortunately they remain there forever. They do not use much space, but, having a slightly tidier mind, I sometimes slipin there and delete very old Email which no longer has any significance.
    I wonder, though, if the OP isn't using the online Gmail?
    There you can click your primary and, similarly, add sub boxes.

P.S. Ref Troubles comment. Perhaps the OPs problem would go away if he read the email, or marked the itmes a read

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    davehc, Aug 30, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question