Missing App Data Folder

Reaction score
Trying to fix a problem in Chrome Bookmarks, I discovered that I couldn't "see" the App Data folder in my user account. Finally found a way to get to the folder and every thing seems to be fine with it when I open it directly. But when I go the easy route, C:\User\>>>etc, I can't see the folder to open it up to find other files.
On 1 Sep., I had to do an "InPlaceUpGrade" to fix a problem that MS could not fix/explain using the Chat box and remote control of my computer. Don't know if that has anything to do with the disappearance of my App Data folder. Thinking about doing a System Restore, but don't know if will restore the App Data folder, or as the name seems to say, just the system files/folders.

Lost In Space Again

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AppData is typically a hidden folder change your folder view by unchecking the box below

HiddenFilesFolders.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble,
Didn't think of the hidden file/folder setting. The "InPlaceUpGrade" must have changed my prior selection from months ago. MS tech said the procedure would leave all my data, including all files and folders, intact and safe. I wonder which other 'settings' it restored to the default selection.
Thanks again for your time and assistance.
DonC

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The "InPlaceUpGrade" must have changed my prior selection from months ago.
They can do that, and.....
It can sometimes seem very random.
MS tech said the procedure would leave all my data, including all files and folders, intact and safe. I wonder which other 'settings' it restored to the default selection.
Data, files and folders seems about right, but.....
That setting is a native Windows OS setting and would probably be impacted by an upgrade / repair of the OS.

Ask a Question