Missing Scan App

Reaction score
Because I'm switching to a work at home environment, I had to go back and partition my hard drive so I could dual boot Windows 10 (for personal) and 8.1 for work.

The drivers for my Canon Printer are automatically installed and everything is fine in 8.1 including the scanner app. However, in Windows 10, the Scanner app is missing. I've checked the printer and it works fines over my wi-fi connection but I have no app to access the Scanner. I usually keep it in my app section.

There is the scanner icon in the taskbar but that only identifies that I have it and can use it if I plan to scan directly from my printer but I never do that. I just drop something on it, and then roll my chair back to my computer and hit the scan app.

How can I get this back? It's not in the App list under Canon nor under S for scan. Any suggestions? The little booger is hiding somewhere LOL.

Reaction score
Suggestion only.
Logon to the Win 10 account, see if Canon Printer is listed in Programs and Features.
If yes, uninstall it.
Then insert the DVD and reinstall Canon.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If the twain driver for the scanner is installed and Windows 10 compliant then your should be able to use .......
From the All Apps Menu -> Windows Accessories -> Windows Fax and Scan

Reaction score
The DVD is not an option. I bought around Windows 7
Canon has updates for 10 and Windows installs it automatically.

Since the printer app was there and it works I'd assume the scan app would be as well, just like the 8.1 installation I just did.

I'm not home but will check in the accessories as suggested. I just like it in my quick access start menu since I scan a lot.

I'll let you know.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The DVD is not an option. I bought around Windows 7
Canon has updates for 10 and Windows installs it automatically.
As david suggested above.....
The Windows auto installation of the printer may not be as robust and full featured as the Canon Application, so if they have a full featured driver package (for Windows 10) it might be worth attempting to install it in Windows 10 as he suggests (just the new one not the one from the old DVD).
Likewise the twain driver, if it was installed at all, may lack some features. The Windows native Fax and Scan application is pretty barebones

Reaction score
The accessories folder is not even in there. One Drive doesn't work at all. And I neglected to tell you that the first thing I did was download and install the Windows 10 drivers from Canon's website. I tried to do a reset last night and that didn't work like it never did on 8.1. I'm just going to go ahead and do a clean install this weekend. Thanks!

Reaction score
I have a HP Photosmart D110 printer. I can print from computer to printer but cannot scan. When go into the print device it says it is unavailable and when I hit scan on printer it tells me to go to the printer. I am at a loss.

Reaction score
Because I'm switching to a work at home environment, I had to go back and partition my hard drive so I could dual boot Windows 10 (for personal) and 8.1 for work.

The drivers for my Canon Printer are automatically installed and everything is fine in 8.1 including the scanner app. However, in Windows 10, the Scanner app is missing. I've checked the printer and it works fines over my wi-fi connection but I have no app to access the Scanner. I usually keep it in my app section.

There is the scanner icon in the taskbar but that only identifies that I have it and can use it if I plan to scan directly from my printer but I never do that. I just drop something on it, and then roll my chair back to my computer and hit the scan app.

How can I get this back? It's not in the App list under Canon nor under S for scan. Any suggestions? The little booger is hiding somewhere LOL.

Reaction score
if you still looking...
go to the Windows App store
in the search box type 'scan app' less the quotation marks
it's right there!!

Lou

Ask a Question