SOLVED Just done a clean install of windows 10 and office is missing in all apps

Reaction score
Hi ive just done a clean install of windows 10 and i have installed office 2013 but the office program is missing in the apps, i can search for word or excel and they are there and run but do not show up in all apps

So is there a way to get them in all apps please

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Good question
Also now would be an ideal time to go to Office 2016

Reaction score
Good question
Also now would be an ideal time to go to Office 2016

Why do you keep pushing for Office 2016. This is the 2nd time you told people to buy Office 2016.
What makes you sure everyone can afford to buy at all ?

Are you here to sell Office 2016 ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why do you keep pushing for Office 2016. This is the 2nd time you told people to buy Office 2016.

I have noticed it myself, David. here and on other forums (not the same member), and agree. If a poster wants info on a software problem, I don't think it is in his best interests to be advised to spend a deal of money to upgrade. He has a legitimate piece of software, from the same organization who have forced him into the upgrade. He is entitled to (free) satisfaction.

Sam. Have you looked in "Programs and features". If it is showing in there, perhaps you can run the "repair" option, which might sort it out.

Reaction score
[QUOTE="davehc, post:
Sam. Have you looked in "Programs and features". If it is showing in there, perhaps you can run the "repair" option, which might sort it out.[/QUOTE]

Hi and thank you for the great advice

There is something strange about this problem i tried to install office 2013 professional last night and the icon in all apps was missing i did two repairs and it did not fix it.

I have just done a repair this morning and it now has all the icons in all apps?

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
I have noticed it myself, David. here and on other forums (not the same member), and agree. If a poster wants info on a software problem, I don't think it is in his best interests to be advised to spend a deal of money to upgrade. He has a legitimate piece of software, from the same organization who have forced him into the upgrade. He is entitled to (free) satisfaction.

Sam. Have you looked in "Programs and features". If it is showing in there, perhaps you can run the "repair" option, which might sort it out.
No Office 365 is the one you pay for, Office 2016 is the updated better version of Office 2013 which when I tried to use it kept crashing.
Since upgrading to 2016 everything works better and not getting the trouble you are having also at £5 a month even Office 365 is worth it.

Reaction score
No Office 365 is the one you pay for, Office 2016 is the updated better version of Office 2013 which when I tried to use it kept crashing.
Since upgrading to 2016 everything works better and not getting the trouble you are having also at £5 a month even Office 365 is worth it.

I have MS Office 2007 for 4 years.
I don't have crashes.
It works perfectly each time.
I see no reason to buy a newer version. Absolutely NONE.

The fact that Office 2013 crashed on you does not necessarily means it will crash on other users' Office 2013.
The OP has already paid for Office 2013, absolutely no reason he should pay again for a newer one if the current one works for him.
The OP asked to find where his Office 2013 is after upgraded to Windows 10.
That's where we should concentrating on helping.

Reaction score
I have Office 2016, but from another legit MS source.

"If you installed a one-time purchase of Office 2013, you can't upgrade directly from within the Office 2013 software. You'll need to either purchase one of the Office 2016 suites of products, such as Office 2016 Home and Student, or purchase an Office 365 subscription."

https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...6-ee68f6cf-422f-464a-82ec-385f65391350#BK_otp

I have been using 2013 for quite a while and, touch wood, have never experienced any crashes or hiccups of any description

Reaction score
Office is the first thing I delete after loading a new Windows OS as I have no use for it. Thankfully, Windows 10 has little bloatware, at least not in the programs and features.

hTconeM9user

Reaction score

Did you see why I said about 2016 as he has to either pay for 2013 again to get it re-instsalled or Office 365 where you have to pay, and you get 2016 thrown in, either a one off fee or monthly.
As luck would have it I already pay for 365 that is why I was saying about the new office,

See post by davehc and read the link

Reaction score
Are you sure you read the link?

Either way you look at it, if you only have 2013, which I understand Sam has now managed to install correctly, you have to pay to get 2016 - through 365 purchase or as is.
But, as David hk says, perhaps the thread has drifted from the original OP request for help.

Reaction score
To hTconeM9user,
Where do you get the idea Sam had to pay for Office 2013 again ?
If Sam had purchased his Office 2013, he owns it and he can use it to reinstall in the same computer as many times as he wants, whenever he wants.

I reinstalled my 2007 version in the same computer at least 5 times and I am still using it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you sure you read the link?

Either way you look at it, if you only have 2013, which I understand Sam has now managed to install correctly, you have to pay to get 2016 - through 365 purchase or as is.
But, as David hk says, perhaps the thread has drifted from the original OP request for help.
Looks like he has it installed correctly now. He just needs to press the solved button.

Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for all the help and advice.

I am quite happy with office 2013 and i have no desire to spend more money on purchasing office 2016.

I find Office 2013 is very reliable and stable on my computer the only reason i had the problem was because i did a clean install of windows 10 but its working now.

Ask a Question