Constant "computer did not shutdown cleanly"

Reaction score
This has been happening to my brand new alienware aurora r7. I have re installed windows 10 about 5 times because of a prompt which reads
"The operating system did not shutdown cleanly"
"Reconstructing cache metadata"
"Please do not interupt this process"

Sometimes it will reboot to windows like normal but ive had to resort to totally re installing windows so many times at this point that ive come to you guys for help.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ive tried everything. Ive even had to have dell support send a tech to install a new hard drive and it was fine for a couple weeks. I had another issue tonight where it kept saying it couldnt load my windows account and kept making me use a temporary account. I just re installed windows for the 3rd time today. Did all the drivers in correct order. It seems like it works until i actually get any game downloaded and i shut it off and then it crashes again.

Reaction score
Im going to play 1 game of leauge of ledgends and then shut it down to see if it does it again. Personally i think its the motherboard or some other electrical issue. It wouldnt have problems booting otherwise

Reaction score
Try removing 1 stick of RAM and then boot and see how it behaves, if it runs okay, replace that stick and remove another and so on until you have tested all sticks, it may be faulty RAM??????. ;););)

Reaction score
See if you have an Intel Rapid Storage option in BIOS. If yes, turn it off and reboot

Reaction score
I have this same issue also Aurora r7.. have u found a solution?

This has been happening to my brand new alienware aurora r7. I have re installed windows 10 about 5 times because of a prompt which reads
"The operating system did not shutdown cleanly"
"Reconstructing cache metadata"
"Please do not interupt this process"

Sometimes it will reboot to windows like normal but ive had to resort to totally re installing windows so many times at this point that ive come to you guys for help.

Ask a Question