SOLVED Computer constantly "thinking", Can't even type in Word2010 and others

Reaction score
Since I have updated to windows 10 the little icon next to my mouse pointer that spins to show that the computer is processing is almost always on. It flashes on and off constantly. The real problem is that in Word 2010 and also in my daughters math program (teaching textbooks), you can't even type because the "processing" keeps interrupting. I'm assuming that the "processing" is what is causing this problem.
Please help! I hope this is an easy fix, because I'm not a techie and my wife is about to kill me! Thanks

Reaction score
To be honest this sound allot like a paging issue when there is not enough memory to keep the system from paging heavily. If a system pages too much, the drive will thrash constantly.

How much memory does your machine have? To find this press and hold [Windows] key then [Pause] key.

Reaction score
8GB WOW that should be plenty to keep a system from paging. Gotta be something else causing this. Call up Task Manager (right-click Taskbar) and see if you can spot an App/Process using CPU/memory/Disk resources when your system should be idle.

Reaction score
I uninstalled Roxio Burn. I am now able to work in the 2 programs that were having all the problem and the computer is not "Processing" constantly. Thanks for all your help Clifford_Cooley!

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted. There could have been a side effect in the upgrade to Windows 10. If you reinstalled Roxio Burn on Windows 10, the glitch may not be present. That call is yours to make. Goo luck with Windows 10. :)

Ask a Question