Windows 10 constantly on CTRL F.

Reaction score
Just had the problem tonight. Windows is contantly pressing CTRL F (find).

I can't even use the chrome browser as the cursor is on the find box. If I open explorer, and microsoft edge, same thing happens. The cursor is on the search box.

Now if I open word, a message on the bottom says "the specified text is not a valid building block name". I can type but I can't save the file since the cursor is constantly on the search box once the save location dialogue box opens.

I am on a wireless keyboard but turning the keyboard off or removing the dongle doesn't help.
I don't know whats wrong. Turned the pc on/off. Did multiple restarts. It still comes up.

help!

Reaction score
The first help desk reply: Shut down the computer completely. Keep it off for a minute, then restart. Since that didn't work:

Do you have access to a different keyboard to try as a test? If not, Turn your keyboard off. Go to settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard. Turn on On-Screen Keyboard. If either of these work correctly, I would replace the current keyboard.

Reaction score
What homepage do you have set in Chrome? Try and change it to a blank page, and see if the problem remians

Reaction score
I also faced this issue in my Asus X505ZA Laptop. I guess only ASUS users face this issue as I read multiple blog mentioning ASUS.
Finally, THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED after 1 month since I started facing it.
I installed PrecisionTouchPad_DCH_ASUS_Z_V16.0.0.18_32668 driver which resolved my issue.
Default touchpad driver which comes with windows 10 caused this issue to happen.

Reaction score
I also faced this issue in my Asus X505ZA Laptop. I guess only ASUS users face this issue as I read multiple blog mentioning ASUS.

Finally, THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED after 1 month since I started facing it.

I installed PrecisionTouchPad_DCH_ASUS_Z_V16.0.0.18_32668 driver which resolved my issue.

Default touchpad driver which comes with windows 10 caused this issue to happen.

Reaction score
One thing in this whole thread I did not see is to remove then replace the battery from a Wireless keyboard or mouse.

For the new issue, did a mouse or keyboard get plugged in, either Wired or Wireless? Some Notebooks automatically disable the Touchpad when that is done.

Ask a Question