Windows 10 Constantly Crashing: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times already, 2 yesterday and 1 today, about 30 minutes after I turned on my computer. 2 of the three times it happened while playing CS:GO, which my computer has no problem running and has never crashed before with it, and the other time it just happened while I was browsing the internet. The screen begins by freezing, and if you are listening to audio the same part repeats over and over again. Then the screen flashes between black and gray for about 30 seconds, followed by the message:
"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (Percentage% complete)" Then at the bottom it says in small letters, "If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE [igdkmd64.sys]" I am pretty sure those letters in the bracket are correct, but they were a little hard to make out in the picture. I would like to know why this is happening, and a fix if possible. I uploaded a picture to this thread as well.

Attachments

• Windows10ErrorMessage.jpg
    Windows10ErrorMessage.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 1,539

Ask a Question