Constant restart for page error

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but since two or three updates ago my PC crashes with blue screen at the most inconvenient times, I have tried several fixes from you tube sites with no success. Is there a fix for this?

Reaction score
Hi MickF,

what version of W10 do you have?, have you tried Recovery?. Make sure you choose to keep your files and apps!.

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.

reset options.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, I have windows 10 home 1803 with a 64 bit system, I haven't tried recovery , i'll try now and let you know how i go.

Cheers, Mick

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,waiting for my son to come to show me how to save my mail program, the other apps don't matter but i'm waiting for an important message and don't want to risk missing it, thanks for your advice...I'll let you know how i get on.
Cheers, Mick

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this an instance where the "Patch".... that Microsoft issued this past Tuesday is causing your issue.
1803 users got KB4462919 which bumped their build to (OS Build 17134.345)
There are some reports out there that the patch is producing BSODs in some HP computers as well as a few others.
https://www.neowin.net/news/users-are-reporting-bsods-with-the-with-latest-patch-for-windows-10

So if your Blue Screen is indicating that a "WDF_VIOLATION" is involved then you might be one of the victims.
IF not then feel free to ignore this post.

Reaction score
Hi Mick,

another thought (apart from @Trouble's observation), have you installed any new hardware lately?, it may be a driver issue if you did?. ;)

Reaction score
Sorry for long gap in reply....Tried everything to remedy the problem lost some stuff along the way with no positive result then when i was at the point of wiping my entire computer and giving it to my grandchildren ....I read that it was a potential driver issue....So for the princely sum of $ 20 i bought a driver update program from Ashampoo, since the update i have had one episode in three weeks as opposed to 2 or 3 per day. So fingers crossed and hopefully someone else may find this useful ...Mick

Reaction score
Hi Mick,

please mark as solved if you have no further problems so it helps others. :):):)

Reaction score
I am wondering if it does, Wolfie.

So many "Solved" threads continue regardless. Several other forums I am on do not have the option.

Reaction score
Talk about jinx.....two minutes after i marked as solved it happened again....I think my computer is possessed.....My grand-daughter was sitting on my knee so the best i could manage was 'golly gosh' as opposed to @&%$

Reaction score
Hi Mick,

I would try recovery per my original first post (post #2). Trying to figure out what is causing it might cause you to pull your hair out and still not find an answer!. ;););)

BACK UP ALL YOUR FILES LIKE PICS AND DOCS ETC BEFORE YOU START. ;););)

Ask a Question