Constant Popping sound.

Reaction score
I don't know why but my computer has been making this weird POPping sound constantly I have tried everything that I could find that could be related to popping and none of them have fixed it and I have no idea if its a problem with windows or the manufacturer this happens with or without headphones on and still makes the popping sound with them on.

I don't know what other information to give to help with this.

Reaction score
Hi Bradley,

what version of W10 do you have and have you done all the updates for your current version?. Have you installed anything new in terms of software lately?. :):):)

Press the Windows key + r and type "winver" (without the quotes) to find out what version of W10 you have, you should be on ver: 1803 or 1809 if it has been released again!. :):):)

winver.JPG

Reaction score
That could be your sound configuration.
Try this. Right click the speaker on the taskbar and select sounds.
Scroll down to the Device items (Device connect: Device failed to connect: Device disconnect)
Are those , possibly the popping sounds you are hearing? Also the "Off" noise is a little like popping

Ask a Question