SOLVED Constant scan warning from Windows Defender

Reaction score
HI all,

like the title states, every time I start my PC; I get a warning about scanning, the first few times I did scan but then I thought it is most likely a bug?, is anyone else getting the same warning?:

defender scan warning.JPG

Regedit32

Reaction score
That yellow triangle with ! mark is telling you something is turned off.

click Virus & threat protection, then click the Virus & threat protection settings link and turn what ever is off back on

Reaction score
Click the item with the yellow mark and make sure all items are checked in the next window that pops up.

Reaction score
It is asking you to scvan now. Do that and see if it clears the situation.

Reaction score
I did a quick scan several times and I have just completed a full scan (took 4 hours!), let's see what it does now. :)

virus scan.JPG

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think we can mark this thread as solved, it seems when it was telling me to take an action, it wanted a full scan but didn't specify that and I only did a quick scan, the problem seems to be solved now?. :):):)

Btw, it took 4 hours because I have a lot of music and a few games on my PC, along with photos and docs. :D

Reaction score
Ok. Solved. But you probably know you can customise the scan so it only scans the sections you use most often.

Reaction score
Thanks Dave,

I know I could select custom scan but I think it is best (for me at least) to let it do a full scan even though it takes ages!. :)

Ask a Question