Vista could have done with a forum

Reaction score
I love coming to the 10 forum, it makes you realise Vista wasn't such a bad OS release after all. Day in day out, month after month someone finds something wrong with 10. Not minor niggles but serious impacts on usage, everyone apart from Microsoft run about racking their brains for answers. I got it for free, they'd have to pay me to use it again:)

Reaction score
Many users complain about Windows 8/8.1 too but imo it was more stable than Win 10 is, I never had to reinstall the OS or run any repair even after a hard reset. With Win 10 I've had to run quite a number of in-place repairs because something has 'broke' after an update or after a crash.
Wish I had Win 8.1 back at times: if I could fix my Spotlight problem I'd feel better about Win 10.

Reaction score
Yes Vista was a great OS IMO and I hate the fact that it will come to EOS April 2017.
I personally will miss Vista as I never had any problems or complaints with it.

Most Vista complainers are what I refer to as "Armchair Users".
Armchair users only ran Vista via their mouth and complained about how bad it was by what they read or heard.

Truly the last of the virgin non raped with privacy intrusive information leaching updates by Microsoft.

Another great OS I will now add to my offline use. :(

Reaction score
I used Vista and got the feeling it was a rush job, wasn't all there. Went back to XP and waited for 7, the final touches. Had no interest in 8 as it was apparent it was more geared to laptops, tablets & phones, even that needed an upgrade to 8.1. Now we have 10 the be all and end all, my PC doesn't want what my phone needs, one system for all just doesn't work. Could go with PC10, Tablet / Laptop 10 and Phone 10 but no way am I allowing downloads for all on my PC which 10 basically insists upon.

Reaction score
I loved Windows Vista, it's probably my second favourite Windows OS, in front of Windows 10 and behind Windows XP. Never had a problem with it. ;)

Reaction score
I am enjoying this short thread (so far!)
No boasting intended. I was very lucky to be picked out of the hat for Beta testing Vista. It was mainly through this that I achieved the doubtful MVP status.When it was released to the public, it was innovative. Navigation through its functions was a complete new learning experience.
I had, previously, joined a forum which was actively following the progress of Vista. Upon its final release, I was swamped, as a moderator, with help requests. No probs at all with the OS, only finding old functions in new places.
Its failure was due to a neglect on driver manufacturers not appreciating that radical structure changes required rewrites. Constant failure of minor, but reasonably important, hardware plagued the OS and led to its doom.
I would have stayed with it forever, but circumstance forced me forward into, what I now regard, as windows 9

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
it makes you realise Vista wasn't such a bad OS release after all

No, it was terrible, glad its dead now... It was innovative in some ways, but the poor driver support made it unstable and it grew very tiresome.
But I see your point, Windows 10 is a handful and IMO its keeps getting more problematic in between Windows Updates and Windows Upgrades, it is clear as mud where some problems are.

Windows 10 In some ways reminds me of IBM back when they did their first portable Computers when competing with Compaq, IBMs machines simply couldn't run all IBM software and some error'ed out while Compaq ran everything just fine. Windows 10 upgrades and it breaks even itself and its own components or games or programs Microsoft itself makes.

Note to self, this isn't necroposting ;)

Ask a Question