Vista was bad. Win8 ignored. Win10 is death to all!

Reaction score
I was happily running Windows 7 and very happy with it. My system with stable and ran reliably. I had declined all prompts advertising that Windows 10 was free and asking if I'd like to upgrade. Then one day I woke up to my computer being upgraded to Windows 10 without my permission. Initially this made me very angry, I built my system in 2007 and it has been running strong since and is (well was...!) still comparable to top of the line systems.

I had a laptop that ran Windows 10 so I was used to the change but but didn't prefer it. I began to open my programs and realize that nothing was destroyed, all of my programs worked so I wasn't that upset anymore until I realized that Windows 10 was randomly taking up more and more space for for absolutely no reason.

Computers used to only do what you told them to do. Whoever designed Windows 10 scrapped that reality and Windows 10 does whatever this person or team of people that designed it want it to.

Due to the use of their space that Windows 10 creates and the fact that how it fragments is not only a train wreck but the worst nightmare ever my almost 10 year old computers that has been running strong and flawlessly is now a boat anchor as of a few months ago because I cannot get the drives to defragment enough for it to run faster than molasses.

So I bought a new computer I'm not satisfied my needs for a PC for a few months until the other day when I woke up to the screen displaying a blue screen asking me to select my keyboard version and when I select my keyboard version it goes to a recovery console.

As far as I've investigated what happened so far it seems that it forced an update that I have been declining and that update created a new Partition that cannot load Windows those are all of my files and apps are still on the drive nothing will load. When I do get the computer to get to a desktop it won't even launch the recycle bin and pressing the the start button does nothing.

Windows is a horrible failure.
I'm moving to Linux.

Please don't even bother posting a reply because I probably won't return to view it. My reason for posting is an upset anyone interested in trying Windows 10 that is still running an older operating system does their research and finds this. And after they find it I hope they still have an open mind about upgrading to Windows 10 however I do hope that they do put my experience in their library of reviews as a horrible experience someone has had with it that's caused someone who supported and loved Windows for over 30 years to move on and never use Microsoft Windows versions ever again.

Reaction score
Truth, If I was in your situation, with a new computer, I would definitely do a clean install off the latest ISO (I prefer usb flash drive). I did this recently when I replaced the old hard drive with a new one and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the installation went.

Reaction score
If not wishing to deal with Windows as a Service [frequent updates, twice yearly Upgrades] one could go with a Linux distribution such as Linux Mint LTS with its 5-year support. A large number of programs equivalent to what is available for Windows can be found as Linux-based, Microsoft Office - LibreOffice except Outlook, VLC multi-media, graphics programs, etc.

Reaction score
"Please don't even bother posting a reply because I probably won't return to view it. My reason for posting is an upset anyone interested in trying Windows 10 that is still running an older operating system does their research and finds this."
But maybe other members might like to read some constructive comments

Reaction score
What DaveHC said. If all the satisfied/mostly satisfied users of Win10 [I have it on several Notebooks I've rehabbed and a few Desktops] posted their results the forums would be so overloaded as to be useless.

Ask a Question