CyberLink Power Director doesn't open

Reaction score
CyberLink Power Director doesn't open and it says I need to update to a newer version but I don't want to update I just need to open the program to get saved projects. I find out that I can't restore my system back to Windows 7 because I'm over the 30 day period. I would have never updated knowing that windows 10 was going to make me update all my programs. I need to know how I can get it to work or go back to windows 7. Thank you for all your help in advance.

Reaction score
What version? Power Director 11 runs fine in Windows 10. I've had issues with choppy video, but the program runs fine.

To go back to Windows 7, you'll have to reinstall it from scratch.

Reaction score
I have Power Director 10. It opens and starts to load the libraries but then closes. Windows 7 was preinstalled on this computer but I have Windows 7 CD. If I need to Start fresh then I'll Purchase another HD and start over. Unfortunately, Windows 10 was updated on 8/29/2015 but I didn't know Microsoft deletes the old file after 30 days or I would have rolled it back before then.

Reaction score
I have Power Director 10. It opens and starts to load the libraries but then closes. Windows 7 was preinstalled on this computer but I have Windows 7 CD. If I need to Start fresh then I'll Purchase another HD and start over. Unfortunately, Windows 10 was updated on 8/29/2015 but I didn't know Microsoft deletes the old file after 30 days or I would have rolled it back before then.

Since you do have the Win 7 CD and you want to go back, what's stopping you to use it ?
You do have the Win 7 product key too. Yes ?

Why do you have to buy another HD to start over.
I reinstalled my Win 7 Home Premium over Windows 10 Home once and I had no problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The last time I reinstalled Windows it deleted all my files. Is there a simple way to reinstall with out losing data and files?

Reaction score
The last time I reinstalled Windows it deleted all my files. Is there a simple way to reinstall with out losing data and files?

Unfortunately, no.
It is because you have to do a clean install in order to go back to Windows 7.
There is no other way.
Apparently you can still logon to your Windows 10 as of now. Yes ?
If so, then backup what you want to keep to an external hard drive before you start reinstalling Win 7.

Ask a Question