Darker Text in Windows 10 File Explorer?

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the text darker, and thus more legible, in Windows 10 File Explorer? My eyesight ain't what it used to be, and that small print looks almost washed out, even with my reading glasses. If the text could be a little darker, and maybe even slightly larger, that sure would help. I'm using a desktop with a wired mouse, and Windows 10 Pro.

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the text darker, and thus more legible, in Windows 10 File Explorer? My eyesight ain't what it used to be, and that small print looks almost washed out, even with my reading glasses. If the text could be a little darker, and maybe even slightly larger, that sure would help. I'm using a desktop with a wired mouse, and Windows 10 Pro.

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work across the Windows functions, but worth a try:

"Settings - System -Display. At the bottom select "Advanced display settings."

In the next window, select "Clear Type Text"
Another Windows will now pop up. Tick the small square "Turn on Clear Type"

You will now be taken through a serious of comparison text frames. Keep selecting the darker ones of you choice. Click "next", and then "next" again.
Eventually you will be able to mark as finished (After about five frames)

Ask a Question