Dead Horse...

Bif

Reaction score
Not wishing to beat a dead horse again about the damn Windows.Old folder BUT...I've checked the creation date of said folder and it sates ‎November ‎16, ‎2015, ‏‎2:26:07 PM,so I'm only assuming that this is an "old" 10 installation no?...in which case it's doing nothing but taking up precious real estate?..
Anyway I have no intention of reverting back to anything so again I'm assuming that it's a gooder to be gone?..

Cheers.....again

Reaction score
Like you mention, the folder is an archive. If you don't need anything from it and will not try to rollback, you can do as you wish.

Bif

Reaction score
Like you mention, the folder is an archive. If you don't need anything from it and will not try to rollback, you can do as you wish.
Thanks Salty but that didn't address all of my questions...I am aware that it's an archive but an archive of what?..and earlier version of 10 or my old 7?..this fact will determine whether I need anything from it in the future.

Reaction score
If it is from Nov. 2015 it was probably put there during the build upgrade from 10240 to 10586. So it is the archive of what was on the system prior to that time. The archive contains all the folders and info which you can access right now if you need. Open it in explorer and check it out.

Bif

Reaction score
What I am perplexed about mind you is from everything I've read even on the "trusted" MS site this folder should have been deleted automatically by MS after 30 days...well its been well over 30 days and there it sits.If it's 30 days from the latest offering of the cumulative update this pat Tuesday I can sorta understand but it's from November and it from the text inside says it's from the July 29th upgrade..the plot thickens!...cue dramatic music..
Watson get my tobacco,this is going to be a 2 piper...

Ask a Question