SOLVED Defender - Blocking anything from iCloud photostream updates

Reaction score
Windows 10 64bit with Defender and Malwarebytes all up todate.

Since a recent update by either Windows or iTunes icloud, just after start up when all the apps are being loaded ready for use on the Task bar.

Defender splashes from the side 'Controlled folder access' saying its 'Blocked C:\.....\ApplePhotoStream... from making changes to the folder %userdata%\P'.
A seconds later another splash from the side,'My Photo Stream cant be updated, because I don't have permission to add files to the download folder'.

These problems have recently occurred since the last updates of either Windows or iTunes for iCloud, I don't have iTunes for music etc on the pc.

Have tried finding a file to add to the 'add a protected folder' without success. If I turn this feature off, everything is OK except none of the folders are protected.

Any clues of how to rectify this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Solved by,

Opening Event viewer finding the error, then open for details to find the path.

Copied the path into Defender, adding into Controlled folder access through Allow an app.

Ask a Question