SOLVED Defraggler versus Windows Defraq

Reaction score
I was just reading a post that stated Defraggler was better at keeping things in order than Windows defraq. I decided to give it a try. When using the custom install the box with all the options were, it had an option checked to remove windows defraq. I decided , that might be something I could not get back if I was not happy with defraggler. Maybe un-checking it so as to leave w-defraq on pc, maybe might mean conflict...I sure don`t want to shoot myself in the foot....Thanks for any and all replies... Please see attachment
snip of defragguler.PNG

Reaction score
I think (but not sure) what they mean by that is the scheduler for Defrag is turned off. Windows Disk Defragmenter will always be available to use. Ragardless there is no harm in going either way. Personally I prefer the standalone version that doesn't require installation.

Reaction score
Now that`s interesting "Stand Alone Version". I have enough apps on this ole turkey as is..Sounds reasonable that it would turn off w-defraq....Thank you ,,,Much appreciated...

Reaction score
Through several versions of Windows defragging was more important than later versions. If I think there is an issue the built-in defrag isn't doing its job I use the portable version of Defraggler, does good. And it's best not to use either on SSD drives, let TRIM do its job.

Reaction score
Thanks to all...I now have ran defraggler. My analysis of drive was 50& ....0& now.Has to be a huge improvement....Thanks again...

Reaction score
I tried defraggler about a year ago on my older PC and lost a lot of free space. Googling the issue, there are quite a few that have had "issues" with it, so I uninstalled it. I find the windows defrag works OK for my use, auto once a week and I'm never above 1%.

Reaction score
Through several versions of Windows defragging was more important than later versions. If I think there is an issue the built-in defrag isn't doing its job I use the portable version of Defraggler, does good. And it's best not to use either on SSD drives, let TRIM do its job.
Agreed! SSDKeeper is also a good alternative to use on SSDs.

Reaction score
I use the Windows defrag because it is much faster than Defraggler and does a pretty good job. Sometimes i run it more than once to do a better job. I use Defraggler last but it takes a long time to improve the result.

Reaction score
I use the Windows defrag because it is much faster than Defraggler and does a pretty good job. Sometimes i run it more than once to do a better job. I use Defraggler last but it takes a long time to improve the result.
That's usually okay but for several versions of Windows including back to DOS days there's usually a few files that the OS can't move which then requires third-party software. Part of the issue is the "extra" or hidden partitions that get created during an install, makes it difficult to change/shrink/expand a partition.

Ask a Question