SOLVED Local account versus Microsoft account

Reaction score
What is the difference between logging on to windows 10 with a local account or with a Microsoft account

I originally logged on to Windows 10 with a local account then the next time i booted windows it had changed to my Microsoft account login details.

I must have changed some settings somewhere but i don't know what

I changed it back to a local account but what is the difference please

Reaction score
microsoft account is login for apps to install games and more.
local account is just like windows 7

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll need a Microsoft account to use things like Cortana fully, plus you'll be able to sync settings across your devices. If you want to minimise data sending to MS, then a local account would be the way to go. If you've got several devices and use things on the move, then having an MS account would probably be advantageous.

Reaction score
You'll need a Microsoft account to use things like Cortana fully, plus you'll be able to sync settings across your devices. If you want to minimise data sending to MS, then a local account would be the way to go. If you've got several devices and use things on the move, then having an MS account would probably be advantageous.

OK thanks IAN

So i have windows 10 setup on my PC and i am about to upgrade my laptop to windows 10.

If i use a Microsoft account will it be possible to setup my laptop with with the windows settings from my pc or will i have to do it manually.

Also im not worried about Cortana as i don't think it works in the UK yet

Reaction score
I solved my problem of having outlook password as my windows 10 password.

Here is directions how to change password.
Click in window10
start up menu-
Settings-
Accounts-
Your E-mail and Accounts-
Sign in with a Microsoft account instead-

And then just fill accordingly your email info.

Yaoooooooo.......... I did it after a long long search web.

Ask a Question