Desktop Icons Change Size?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum.
I like to have my desktop icons set on large. Every now and again when I boot up some of the icons revert to medium with a black square around them. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can get them to remain large every time. I have to go around each Icon and rename it before it will go back large. I attach a picture of a section of my desktop as an example of what is happening.

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 493

Mog

Reaction score
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, how are changing the icon size? Are you using CTRL + Scroll bar on your mouse?

Mog

Reaction score
I resized my icons by right click and set to large. I did not resize with Ctrl.

What I would recommend trying is to click anywhere on the desktop, press CTRL and use the scroll bar on your mouse to increase/decrease the icon size to see if it will help alleviate the issue.

Reaction score
As to your iCloud icon, if you hover the mouse over an icon or left-click once on an icon on the desktop you will see that 'box', it's part of the grid that allows the alignment of the icons. The other icon size is causing/allowing it to fill that box.

Reaction score
As to your iCloud icon, if you hover the mouse over an icon or left-click once on an icon on the desktop you will see that 'box', it's part of the grid that allows the alignment of the icons. The other icon size is causing/allowing it to fill that box.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I understand that but both these icons were same size. Something has happened to shrink the iCloud icon. Quite a few are like it on my desktop not just this one icon. They all started large. After a while a few start to do this and not always the same icons. Hope this explains better.

Ask a Question