Desktop icons moving after closing game

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My monitor is a 1080p monitor so I have my desktop set at 1920 x 1080

however when I launch a game like BF1/Rainbow six siege I have the screen resolution at 2560 x 1440 using nvidias DSR resolutions, however a new issue has arisen since updating to windows 10 Anniversary update which was not installed until yesterday evening, when I close or alt tab out a game with a higher resolutions set i.e 2560 x 1440 all my desktop icons are moving where as before the update they stayed where they were when I closed the game or even if i Alt Tabbed out. It's like the resolutions not refreshing between desktop and the game. Maybe a setting has been turned back on after the update? I did have this issue before but months and months ago and I fixed it but I can't for the life of me remember what I done.

I have tried In selecting and deselecting allign icons to grid but when I close the game or alt tab icons move and stay in their "new location" so to speak. Any help would be much appreciated I have heard of software for saving desktop icon location so if it happens you maybe right click reset desktop and everything snaps back, but not interested in this temp fix if there is a fix out there that anyone knows off? I'm open to any suggestions at this point for such a small stupid thing it really does annoy the hell out of me as I mainly use my pc for gaming.

Thanks again

Brian

Reaction score
I would rather a fix than software. Software would be my last resort if I tried every possible fix I don't understand how it didn't do it before now it does it.

Brian

Ask a Question