Desktop icons

Reaction score
When I first boot the PC, the icons are way to big. When I reboot, they go back to the size I selected (small icons). No matter what I do they will not go back to normal size until I reboot. This has been an issue since 10049. A google search finds nothing on this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Not a huge issue, but annoying.

Reaction score
When I first boot.
lHzoTiR.jpg

After restart.
TlQrn9q.jpg

Reaction score
Yes, the graphics driver is up to date. GTX 460SE, driver version 347.52. This hdd had build 9926 on it. I had removed the hdd a few months ago, as I was using the PC for another reason. I recently put it back in and updated it to 10061, then to 10074. I think I had the issue with the 9926 build, and I'm assuming it carried over. I'm thinking later in the week, when I have a bit of time, I'd try a clean install of 10074.

Funny thing is, I didn't have the issue when I ran 9926 and 10049 on my tablet.

Reaction score
I've kind of come to the conclusion that it's an hdmi issue. I've been using this PC to stream video to my hdtv. I decided to connect it to my monitor via dvi, and no issue. Connected to my tv again, and same thing. Large icons until I restart. I'll keep searching for a workaround, and post my findings. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question