Disable My PIN # On My Home PC

Reaction score
When I turn on my Dell PC home computer every morning I get a lock screen with an image, time, and date and then need to enter the ESC key and add my PIN number. Is there any way I can get rid of that so I don't need to add or enter my pin or my password to use my own personal computer?

Thank you very much.
Scott

Reaction score
Right click the start icon and select "RUN"
In run write Netplwiz
In the top square on the left UNtick "user must enter........" - Make sure ,in the centre panel, you have your correct login outlined.
"Apply"
In the next window, fill in the requested detail. enter and leave the screen. PLEASE make sure you have entered the details with accuracy.
This will , slightly, lower your security. Anyone in, or visiting your household, will have access to your computer.

Reaction score
THANK YOU!
That worked. Thanks for responding.
May ask you another question? I have an email account with Microsoft/MSN and I get at least 30+ junk emails daily. I go in daily and click the title, then click 'Block'. If the block option doesn't work then I click 'Phishing'. The next day or a few days later. I received an email from the same company. I clear my data daily (Chrome browser), I have VPN software on my PC, and I have an Adblock Plus blocker.
I understand I'm going to get Junk mail, but why so many? Any suggestions on what I can do to get less?

Reaction score
No answer here! I am in the same situation. Not being sarcastic, but the real answer is to heavily restrict where you google.

Reaction score
Good Morning. I turned on my PC this morning and it wanted me to enter my PIN # to log in. I went to Run, Netplwiz, and under the User Account pop-up, the box is unchecked. Do I need to do anything else?

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply! Bit busy with domestic probs.
Open Settings - Accounts - Sign in options.
Check "Sign in with a pin" and "remove"
Alternatively, as I have done (doesn't make sense) Use the same code for your sign in and the pin.

Ask a Question