Disk Cloning

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

So Im running a Dell i5577 that includes a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD and an available slot for a M.2 SSD (NVMe Supported)

I have decided to pick up an ADATA XPG SX8200 512 GB SSD (NVMe)

I have installed it to the internals and booted up my system as normal. I plan on doing a clone of my HDD onto the SDD but would prefer to do a clean install of Windows 10 onto the SSD.
I still have the product key of the windows running on the HDD if that helps.

What should I do??

Reaction score
Hi,

if you already have Windows 10 installed and it is activated, do a clean install on the SSD and when it asks you for a key, click on "I don't have a product key" and Windows will reactivate itself once installed!. :)

1580633193564.png

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

So Im running a Dell i5577 that includes a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD and an available slot for a M.2 SSD (NVMe Supported)

I have decided to pick up an ADATA XPG SX8200 512 GB SSD (NVMe)

I have installed it to the internals and booted up my system as normal. I plan on doing a clone of my HDD onto the SDD but would prefer to do a clean install of Windows 10 onto the SSD.
I still have the product key of the windows running on the HDD if that helps.

What should I do??
Shut off the Laptop, remove battery, unplug power adaper, open case remove the HDD, insert the SSD NVME. reassemble then insert your USB restart and boot to USB then install Clean. (the install will auto format and set all partitions as needed...)

Ask a Question