Hard Disk Trashed: Need to start new

Reaction score
Back in the day I was a "Windows Insider", I used my backup desktop for that Windows 10 testing. When I, like others in the community, was more confident with Windows 10, I converted my main desktop to Windows 10, and only seldom used the backup desktop. A couple of years later, I re-partitioned it's hard drive and installed Linux Mint, to see what it was about. However, 99% of the time I was on my main Windows 10 machine. Not long ago I decided to convert the backup machine to full Windows 10. That didn't go well. I couldn't boot anything. So now I want go back to having the backup machine serve as backup, with Windows 10 on it (and nothing else). QUESTION: Will Microsoft, or one of you guys, point me to a URL whereby I can download a Windows 10 file and use it to recreate the partitions on my backup machine, and then load Windows 10? The current status: the backup's hard disk has been cleaned with DBAN (Boot and Nuke).

For what it is worth, I'm still registered as an Insider (based on the correspondence I receive from that program).

Regedit32

Reaction score
You can download the Windows 10 ISO file here:

If you go to the Articles section on our Forum you'll find articles on how to download an ISO as well as how to create a bootable pendrive to install it onto a hard drive, etcetera.

Reaction score
Windowes has a program "MediaCreationTool" use it and instead of update as to make a ISO, Insert a USB and Windows will also convert, format and make you a full bootable USB so that you can install. make sure you select the proper version. but being an insider you should know that... and depends on when last you selected "Insider" since some rules have changed. also many use
https://uupdump.ml/ or https://uup.rg-adguard.net/

Ask a Question