Disk Cleaning and checking

Reaction score
I defragmented multiple disks on my computer and got a logo that indicated that one of the disks, NTFS K was dirty and I should run CHKDSK. I ran CHKDSK /r on NTFS K and obtained the following:
Stage 1: 81 large files records and zero bad file records processed after deleting corrupt attribute records and fixing incorrect information in file records segments.
Stage 2: Examining file linkages. # reparse records processed. An unspecified error occurred (696e647863686b2e 70a).
I then proceeded open the properties area of the disk and scanned to repair the disk K but Windows could not repair the disk. In addition to these, I get a logo every time I boot to restart the computer viz: "To skip disk checking , press any key within 4 minutes" message.
Can somebody help me out

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum
An unspecified error occurred (696e647863686b2e 70a).
Just from my own personal experience, whenever I've had that error message in the past, it was always related to the interface connection.

My suggestion would be to connect the drive to another connector and consider that the cable itself may be at fault so you might want to replace that.
OR
Consider removing it from the computer entirely and using another computer to perform the Check Disk.
IS "K" a physical drive or a partition on a physical drive??
What size is it?

Reaction score
"K" is a physical drive and the size is 1TB meant to be a back-up disk. Is there a way to stop this disk checking being displayed on restarting the computer. It was not occurring until I upgraded t0 1905. Any tips will be appreciated

Ask a Question